How Our School Swim Programs Work:
1. Register ONLINE HERE.*Form will be closed once all spots are filled. Waiting list will remain open.
2. After you receive your registration confirmation email, please read all of the important instructions on how to finish the registration process.
3. Turn-In your class fee/s, within 3 business days of confirmation or risk losing your spot.
4. Print or familiarize yourself with the "SWIM LESSON CHECK OFF LIST" before lessons begin.
5. Pack your child's Swim To You "Swim Bag" with items on the check off list. Please write their name on all personal items. Don't forget to bring the swim bag to school!
6. Dress your child in their swim attire on the days of their lessons, with easy to remove top layers (if preferred), to make the changing process faster, so they will not be late to start their lessons for AM lessons! For girls, consider a two piece swim suit as they will have to use the restroom at some point before lessons.
7. Miss Amy will be responsible for the swim students before, during and after each lesson. Parents do not need to be in attendance during lessons as Miss Amy will take care of EVERYTHING including:
* Picking students up from their classrooms
* Getting students ready in time for their lessons
* Walking students to the pool
* Teaching the swim lessons
* Rinsing students in the shower and drying them
* Changing students back into dry, clean clothes
* Taking students back to their classrooms
8. Please note these important things:
* Sunscreen must be applied at home
* DO NOT pack swim toys or flotation devices of any kind
* Good quality and properly fitting goggles are ALLOWED
* Please do not distract our students during lessons
* Parents are NOT allowed in the "changing area"
* Write your child's name on all personal items
* Additional sun protection is highly recommended
(waterproof hats, swim shirts, etc.)
9. Class times are scheduled by Miss Amy and depend on skill level + each students school schedule. 30 minute classes are held between 9:30AM-1:00PM (morning lessons) and 3:00PM-5:30PM (afternoon lessons).
10. As recommended by the American Red Cross Preschool Aquatics swim lessons, the pool is heated between 86-89 degrees. Please note, 90 degree water temperature feels similar to 70 degree air temperature.
11. Please review your child's progress report at the end of each session to check what they have learned and accomplished. Always praise your child on their accomplishments! For very fearful students, even putting on a swim suit is an accomplishment!
12. You are paying a lot of money to have professionals teach your child important water safety LIFE skills in very important steps, so please refrain from teaching them yourself between lessons as it could hinder their progress! Each student progresses at their own pace that is comfortable to them, so please be patient. However, we do recommend as much FUN and SAFE water exploration as possible.
13. Lessons taught at the Montessori of Walnut are American Red Cross Preschool Aquatics Levels 1-3. Students in PRIVATE lessons who successfully pass Level 3 will progress to Learn to Swim Level 3/4.